InnDependence Residential Youth Advocate
The RYA will work directly with youth age 12-21 in a residential environment, teaching social skills, role-modeling pro-social behavior, and providing supervision and primary case monitoring. The RYA is also responsible for completing required documentation and ensuring Master Service Plan goals and objectives are worked towards. The position works as a member of the treatment team to instruct and counsel the youth while maintaining program safety and a structured living environment.
• Complete required documentation- service logs, crisis charting, point sheets, medication distribution, incident reports, monthly and quarterly progress reports
• Attend weekly treatment team meetings
• Meet with assigned primary youth on a weekly basis
• Establish and maintain contact with youth’s family, caseworker, probation officer and other community partners
• Have knowledge and understanding of youth’s treatment goals in order to direct treatment under supervision of Case Manager
• Maintain milieu safety and provide supervision
The position works directly with youth, family members and other service providers in a fast-paced team environment. An ability to prioritize duties, multi-task and communicate needs to the team is essential in this setting. An understanding of, and ability to work with youth who are at times aggressive and/or hostile will contribute greatly toward long-term success in this position. The ability to separate private concerns from professional responsibilities is crucial.
• BA or BS in related field
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain professional boundaries
• Current driver’s license and ability to meet The Inn Home driving requirements
• Must able to pass a DHS background check http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/chc/pages/index.aspx
• Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of cultural and generational differences.
• Ability to walk two flights of stairs and lift 25 pounds
• Ability to participate in sports activities and meal preparation
• $11.50 per hour, medical/dental coverage, and paid sick/vacation/personal time off
• Agency sponsored training (CPR/First Aid, CPI, etc.)
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please include the position in the title of the email.
The Inn Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.