Volunteer Opportunities at…
On any given day in Oregon, many of the young adults leaving foster care lack the community support, education, and skills necessary to prepare them for the world beyond the state’s care and custody. Those who begin a post-secondary education, don’t often finish.
- Only 2-9% of foster youth graduate with a bachelors degree as compared
to 24% of the general population.
Coaching for College Success aims to provide college-focused support and resources to youth aging out of foster care in order to increase their integration into the college environment, help youth build stronger support networks, improve or maintain their academic ability, and prepare youth for future careers.
You can help! Become a mentor!
Become a part of the team.
- Mentors meet with youth twice a month for a total of five hours a month with a
minimum six month commitment.
- Volunteers complete a written application, including background and reference
- Program Coordinators provide initial training followed by on-going support and additional training throughout the length of the match.
Mentors will work with students to help them:
- Achieve their academic goals and enhance academic performance.
- Get involved in clubs, sports, internships, or any other extracurricular activities that will help build their social and professional networks.
- Develop stronger and larger support networks for social, academic, and career goals.
Call Coaching for College Success at 503-234-8757 x27 or email us at email@example.com for more information.
Coaching for College Success is a program of the Inn Home, Inc., which is a registered 501C 3.